PPG 1826 Class B1/2 Fuel Tank Sealant
Shelf life disclaimer…
PPG 1826 Class B1/2 Fuel Tank Sealant is a rapid cure, aircraft integral fuel tank sealant. It has a service temperature range from -80°F (-62°C) to 320°F (160°C), with intermittent excursions up to 420°F (216°C). This material is designed for fillet sealing of fuel tanks and other aircraft fuselage sealing applications. The cured sealant maintains excellent elastomeric properties after prolonged exposure to both jet fuel and aviation gas.
PPG 1826 B1/2 Fuel Tank Sealant is a two-part, epoxy cured Permapol® P-3 polythioether compound. The uncured material is a low sag, thixotropic paste, suitable for application by extrusion gun or spatula. Unlike standard polysulfide fuel tank sealants, it can cure at low temperatures and is unaffected by changes in relative humidity. This sealant has excellent adhesion to common aircraft substrates when correctly primed with PR-1826AP Adhesion Promoter.
Available in 6oz size
- Color: Part A-Black, Part B-White, Mixed-Dark Grey
- Mixing Ratio: Part A: Part B – 8.5:100
- Base Viscosity: (Brookfield #7 @ 2 rpm), Poise (Pa-s) – 15700(1570)
- Application Life and Cure Time (B-1/2) @77° F (25°C), 50% RH
- Application life - 1/2 hour
- Tack free time - < 2 hours
- Cure time to 30 A Durometer - < 3 hours
Find more information on this Technical Data Sheet.